Monday, May 30, 2011

Rainy Monday

It has been so wet and windy here over the past 24 hours that we have battened down the hatches. I did not venture out this morning, except to dash to the car to go to work. The wind has been gusting at 45 klm per hour and the rain is torrential. The house was struck by lightening this morning. The second time in about 12 months. Fortunately the heavy duty circuit breaker did its job and nothing was damaged. Unlike the last time.
I did go for a walk at lunchtime in between showers. It wasn't quite as heavy on the North Shore.
The photo is taken from my window at work just after I came back.
More of the same is predicted for tomorrow. There have been quite a few serious accidents reported in the news tonight. I can't understand why some people do not slow down when the weather is this bad. My thoughts go out to those effected.

No comments:

Post a Comment